Matthew Box established his OT company “Inclusion Me” in 2009 after working as an OT in Kent Social Services. Today, 9 years later, his company has over 40 associates and clients have included: ZSL, Selfridges, Nike and numerous Local Authorities including The City Of London, Thurrock & Hammersmith & Fulham alongside various large scale building contractors.
Inclusion.Me’s mission is to provide accessible services that are underpinned by dignity and empowerment:
- We apply ‘Universal Design’, maximizing usability of facilities for allwithout neglecting the importance of aesthetic.
- We ensure the provision of high quality assessments & interventions for all service sectors.
- We provide access to expert Therapists, to maximize functional independence and choice.
- We act as a Centre of Excellence for Knowledge and Innovation in practice.
- We ensure maximization of Service User involvement in relation to service provision.
Matthew’s says “My biggest tips for successful business development are: planning, delegation, time management and being a little Linford (a positive mental attitude always helps!).
Make sure you have the right team alongside you and be mindful of the need to give whatever your striving to achieve the right amount of tender loving care and attention. These attributes are often things I see in my moments or success or that shine out from within the people I admire! Oh yes and don’t be afraid to fail….. failure can give us the best lessons to learn from (once we have finished wallowing in self pity and disappointment of course)!”
Inclusion.Me also supports OTs who are setting up in private practice and they have produced this helpful advice booklet for OT’s starting out:
To contact Matthew Box & the Inclusion.Me team email:
Or for more information regarding their range of support services: